52. I have 52 days until I leave for Korea. In that time, I have trips to Texas and Florida planned (to see family), I need to go through my clothes again (moving 4 times in a year helped cut down on what I own, but I still have a long ways to go to get to the 50 lb/2 suitcase limit), I have to sell my car (anyone want a 2002 Nissan Maxima? I’m serious on this), sell one of my bikes (the other is staying in storage at my parent’s house), and hopefully buy a new camera lens, if I have the money for it. I also need to get vaccines (Hep. A and B, a flu shot, maybe typhoid, Japanese encephalitis, and malaria, plus a prescription for Cipro), get my visa, and make sure I have all my other documents together before I take off.
In addition to all the things I need to do, there are a few things I would like to do before I leave. They include…
- Go to the Blue Nile (Ethiopian food)
- Celebrate NY in STYLE; glitter glitter everywhere
- Head to UMMA
- Go sledding!
- One more night of karaoke in town (before all the norebangs!)
- Bake as much as possible; it seems like I probably won’t have an oven in Korea.
- Spend as much time as I can with family and friends- my sister and I will both be unemployed and in town for January! I can’t explain how excited I am for this…
I don’t know what I’m going to miss. I’m trying to think of all the things I take for granted here, but I keep drawing a blank. I think, in many ways, I’m ready to go (mentally, clearly not packed, etc.). Of course I will get homesick, and of course I will miss my family and friends, but I can’t think of the activities I’m going to miss. Maybe part of the problem is that I don’t do a lot here. I work, I cook, and I try to not fall asleep before 9 every night. It’s not much, and I really do like my life here, but I’m ready for a change.
Anyone else have “home” bucket lists? Things that you’ve always been meaning to do in your hometown but, for one reason or another, just haven’t?