Things that are good right now:
- Coffee! I brought in single serve cups (yeah yeah, I know – so horrible for the environment, but so much better on my wallet!) and used the building next door’s Keurig. It’s not the best, but it’s better than the coffee made in my building and waaaay cheaper than going across the street for a cup.
- I walked to work today! I love that endorphin rush…
- Snow, yo. It’s so pretty! From the lovely, snow-capped buildings across the way to the cute pumas outside of the Natural History Museum, it’s all so WHITE and pretty (and we haven’t had months on end of the stuff…so I’m still enamored).
- My slow cooker. I made split pea soup yesterday, which Adam and I devoured alongside grilled cheese sandwiches (UM, DID YOU KNOW THAT COSTCO CARRIES GLUTEN FREE BREAD NOW?!), and when I get home tonight there will be a big pot of chicken and tomatoes just waiting to be added to some pasta. I love not having to think too hard when I get home from work!
- Korea! Duh. I’ve been in a “this is a REALLY AWESOME THING” mood, recently. I’m looking at places I want to go, adding to my bucket list (which I will post, at some point), and thinking of all the great food I’m going to eat in the next year. This is, honestly, how I feel about this whole adventure, but sometimes I just get in a mood about it, ya know?
- I’m almost done with work! While I feel very appreciative to have kept my job during the last month and a half, I’m really really looking forward to some time off. I need to go through all my stuff ever, pack, and maybe create a “USA” bucket list for before I leave.
- Weekends! This one was a ton of fun. Friday, Adam and I went out with some of our friends to celebrate our birthdays (last Tuesday and Thursday, respectively) and then we went over to his coworker’s house on Saturday night and ate an AMAZING hotpot meal. This was my first experience (I think? Does shabu shabu count as hotpot?) and Zong Rong did an excellent job. Beef, chicken, lamb, tofu, and tons of veggies in flavorful broth – what could be bad? We were a little confused at first, having never eaten this way, but it was SO good. I think I’ll be dreaming of that broth for a while.